International Samaritan’s annual medical and dental mission provides assistance to the under-served and poverty stricken families living in garbage dump communities. During the course of a week medical professionals and volunteers provide free healthcare, medicine, and vision assessment for approximately 1,000 men, women, and children.
Who: Everyone is welcome to volunteer. No medical or dental experience is needed, but it is preferred.
Where: Managua, Nicaragua and Guatemala City, Guatemala
Includes: Airfare, transportation in Nicaragua or Guatemala, housing, translators, meals (except one at restaurant), trip to local market
The Medical Team will:
- Provide medical attention to all ages suffering from easily treatable but serious illnesses
- Administer medicine and vitamins to clinic patients
- Collaborate with community leaders to provide medical care to impoverished families living near the garbage dump in greatest need
- Educate local community in the prevention of common illnesses.
- Work with local doctors to provide follow-up care for patients.
“Doctors and nurses…yours is not only a profession but a vocation — the vocation to be God’s love and compassion, God’s healing power to the suffering.”
For more information please contact Mateusz Plaza at 734-222-0701 ext. 1007 or firstname.lastname@example.org
|Guatemala Medical Mission Fundraiser||More Info Donate Now|
|Nicaragua Medical Mission Medication Fundraiser||More Info Donate Now|