International Samaritan’s annual medical and dental mission provides assistance to the under-served and poverty stricken families living in garbage dump communities. During the course of a week medical professionals and volunteers provide free healthcare, medicine, and vision assessment for approximately 1,000 men, women, and children.
Who: Everyone is welcome to volunteer. No medical or dental experience is needed, but it is preferred.
Where: Managua, Nicaragua and Guatemala City, Guatemala
Includes: Airfare, transportation in Nicaragua or Guatemala, housing, translators, meals (except one at restaurant), trip to local market
The Medical Team will:
- Provide medical attention to all ages suffering from easily treatable but serious illnesses
- Administer medicine and vitamins to clinic patients
- Collaborate with community leaders to provide medical care to impoverished families living near the garbage dump in greatest need
- Educate local community in the prevention of common illnesses.
- Work with local doctors to provide follow-up care for patients.
“Doctors and nurses…yours is not only a profession but a vocation — the vocation to be God’s love and compassion, God’s healing power to the suffering.”
For more information please contact Mateusz Plaza at 734-222-0701 ext. 1007 or email@example.com
Brother Boynton Medication Fundraiser
One-time Still Needed
Days to Go
International Samaritan invites you to become part of our 2017 May Medical Mission to Nicaragua. For over a decade, International Samaritan has organized medical and dental missions to aid the severely ill and suffering families living near garbage dumps. The mission enables men, women, and children living in pain who would otherwise never see a doctor to receive necessary medical treatment.
This year International Samaritan aims to serve approximately 900 men, women, and children in the garbage dump community of Ciudad Sandino. Our doctors and other health care professionals and volunteers will be helping hundreds of patients each day, some of which will walk miles to seek aid. We will be serving students and their families at the José Artigas School and other sites in the Ciudad Sandino community. The aid that our medical volunteers will provide is vital to the health of hundreds of families and their children.
In order to provide the best medical aid possible, we invite you to help raise funds for MEDICINES to bring to these families. Our worst fear is not having enough medicines and having to turn away those that are sick and suffering.
There are no updates at this time.
Show How Much Your School Cares
You have many choices when it comes to service trips for your students. But why not go where there is the most need? Where you can make the most difference? Where you can have the biggest impact? That’s International Samaritan.
Why choose International Samaritan?
- Experienced – You’ll benefit from the relationships we’ve formed abroad. They make for warm welcomes and valued, productive work.
- Turnkey – Let International Samaritan do the legwork and the planning. You’ll get a timeline, regular updates, and all the details planned for you. No surprises.
- Meaningful – Past volunteers and our impact research tells us, your students will be forever changed because of an International Samaritan service experience. That’s part of the plan.
For more than two decades, students just like the ones in your school have been changing lives by helping people in the garbage dump communities of the world. Sadly, these communities do exist. But your volunteers and you can change that. We need you here. Our friends in Guatemala are waiting for you.